Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: DLP in China

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member LICORNE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Post

    The Chinese government ordered 10 DLP in 2004.
    I wonder who got the contract for sound?
    http://www.barco.com/digitalcinema/e...asp?index=1414

    ..................................... forums

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member
    DLP in China


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    Actually the sound industry in China is maturing pretty quickly. Their original designs are on a par with what the US was doing 20 years or so ago.

    Have a pair of these coming for evaluation:

    http://www.goldensound.com.cn/Loudsp...series/L-3.htm

    Plywood box, fiberglass horn with phase plug, 3" diaphragm driver w/ 1.5" throat.


    Chinese compression drivers are still a bit lacking. I think with any luck 299's will work in these. But their woofers and horns aren't too bad. There's a learning curve, I can remember when made in Japan was considered a bad thing.

    My only real problem was taking the Altec name there. I think it should have stayed in the US.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member LICORNE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi ,

    I found the answer . Below there is a site just click on it.

    My comment :This is the limit .You cannot go beyond this size with out a front loaded bass cabinet like the A2.

    This theatre seats 2000.

    http://www.geocities.com/rafaleconve...?1150596947060

    ...................................

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.